INAUGURATION OF THE COMMITTEE ON THE NEW MARKET MANAGEMENT
A committee on the management of the New Market was inaugurated by the District Chief Executive at District Assembly Hall on 25th March, 2021. The committee was formed on the basis of the District Assembly’s efforts to manage the overall operations and maintenance of the entire New Market Structure.
Present at the service were the Honourable District Chief Executive – Robert Agyemang-Nyantakyi, the District Coordinating Director – Mr. Bernard K.P. Sakyiama, some Heads of Departments/Units as well as members of the committee.
The terms of reference by which the committee was established were to:
- Define the category of services offered by the market
- Zone the market to formulate the right tenant mix to attract all types of Customers
- Organize Promotions and Marketing Strategies for the New Market
- Manage the Market Facility
- Financially manage the Administration and maintain the financial assets of the Market
The committee comprises of the following members:
- Chairperson, Finance and Administration Sub-Committee – Member
- District Planning Officer – Member
- Four (4) Representatives of Market Traders – Member
- Head, Works Department – Member
- Assembly Member for the electoral area – Chairman
- Assistant Director IIA – Secretary
- District Environmental Health Officer – Member
- Revenue Collector – Member
The Honourable District Chief Executive encouraged members to be diligent and firm as a committee, reminding them of how critical the existence of the committee is to the growth of the market and its effect on the economy and revenue generation in the District.